Life Care Center of New Market is located in the historic Virginia town where the Battle of New Market took place during the civil war. Our facility has easy access to all the natural beauty of the area, including the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Shenandoah County Tourism Bureau provides a guide to attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in the area.
- The New Market Battlefield State Historical Park celebrates the Confederate victory and the Virginia Military Institute cadets’ charge, the only student charge in pitched combat in American history.
- The Endless Caverns, a 6-mile long cave at the foot of the Massanutten Mountain range, gives guests a chance to explore the natural wonder of the underground.
- With more than 1.6 million acres of land in Virginia, the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests include more than 200 developed recreation areas including campgrounds, picnic areas and boat launches.
- Skyline Drive, a 105-mile road through the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah National Park, allows visitors to relax and enjoy the natural beauty.